The main event of the New Year 2020 in Kiev will be held with concerts and open-air mass celebrations
Sofiya and Mikhailovskaya squares, as well as the Sophia Kievskaya National Reserve in recent years, have been the main venues for street New Year celebrations in Kiev. This year, New Year's Eve will also capture Kontraktova square.
The theme of this New Year's holiday on Sofia Square is the fairy tale "The Nutcracker". Four fabulous kingdoms with old toys, hundreds of bright lights and decorations will be created on the square. The entrance will be decorated in the form of a huge arch
The Kingdom of Gifts is a fair town where toys and souvenirs will be sold. The kingdom of entertainment is a fabulous children's town with attractions and master classes. The Kingdom of Flavors with the main food-court, Alley of photo zones and the Tunnel of Wishes will be located on Vladimirsky Proezd. Celebratory performances of Ukrainian stars will take place on the Main Stage throughout the New Year and Christmas period from December 19 to January 13.
Kontraktova Square will be the Residence of St. Nicholas, a street art skating rink, a slide, another Christmas market and a food zone. The theme of the holiday on Kontraktova will be oposhnyanian ceramics from the village of Oposhnya in the Poltava region. In a cozy winter town in ethnic style there will be photo zones with bright art objects in the form of pots, jugs, a cup, and kumantsev. The Christmas tree will be decorated with toys in traditional forms of oposhnenian ceramics. The fair will open on December 14th.
Throughout the New Year and Christmas period, the snow festival "Winter Country at VDNG" usually takes place on the territory of the National Expocenter of Ukraine. Free admission!
Among the locations that are already well-known and loved by visitors, wintering at VDNG will return:
- romantic rink in the open air;
- Crazy slides, extreme rides and SkyPark;
- street food court and the Bavarian Courtyard;
- exhibition of human bodies Body worlds - "Universe of the body";
- already familiar to visitors "Santa Claus Residence";
- filled with ice sculptures "Ice Sculpture Castle";
- festive fair "Gift Corporation";
- the puppet theater famous for its chamber children's performances;
- tropical farm "Butterfly Planet" and Animal Park;
- A special series of film screenings from the Teleport360 Family Leisure Center;
- children's quests from "Questoman